Combination of Formal Education and Apprenticeship (Route 4)
Applicants using Route 4 to reach eligibility to sit for NCCAOM examinations are awarded points for meeting the requirements in the Formal Education and Apprenticeship Routes. Applicants must earn a combination of points from each category.
- Acupuncture or Chinese Herbology program: 30 points – cannot exceed 20 points from any one category.
- Acupuncture and Chinese Herbology program: 40 points – cannot exceed 30 points from any one category.
- Applicants are awarded 10 points for each full year (635 hours) of formal education.
- The formal education program must meet the criteria described in Route #1: Formal Education: Graduate or Pre-graduate from United States or Route #2: Formal Education International Applicants.
- Applicants are awarded 10 points per 1,000 contact hours with a qualified preceptor.
- A maximum of 10 points may be earned per calendar year or a 12-consecutive-month period.
- The apprenticeship hours, qualified preceptor requirements and documentation must meet the criteria described under Route #3: Apprenticeship for United States or International Applicants.