Requirements for Retired Designation
- Currently at Active or Inactive NCCAOM status. OR permanently disabled making it impossible to continue as an AOM practitioner. Former Diplomates at terminated status are eligible if permanently disable while at active or inactive status.
- Sixty-two (62) years of age.
- Must be permanently retired as an AOM practitioner (not treating patients), a recognized subspecialty, or other health profession in the United States or abroad.
- The Diplomate may not practice acupuncture or Oriental medicine in an office or clinical setting.
- Have a free discipline record with NCCAOM and the state acupuncture license record at the time of application.
Reactivation to NCCAOM Certification At times, an individual’s life circumstance changes. The Retired Diplomate should notify the NCCAOM of a change that would render them ineligible for continued Retired status. A retired Diplomate who wishes to return to active status must meet the requirements for recertification or reinstatement, whichever are applicable.
Retired Designation Documentation
- NCCAOM® Retired Designation Application
- Copy of a government issued picture ID (e.g., driver’s license) documenting age.
- State license verification demonstrating a clear disciplinary record from each state.
- Former NCCAOM Diplomates currently in lapsed or terminated status – submit date of retirement from the AOM profession.
- Disabled applicants – Proof of Supplemental Security Income (SSI) or proof of disability. Include the date permanent disability commenced.
- Application fee of $50.00.