It is advisable to always inform your physician about any treatment that you are seeking and it is also very important to have a list of medications and supplements that you are taking available during your first consultation with your acupuncturist. Some physicians will also refer acupuncture and Oriental medicine practitioners to patients. Just remember to make sure that these practitioners are certified by the NCCAOM and licensed in your state to practice acupuncture.
Articles in this section
- How do I find a qualified practitioner to perform cupping safely?
- I would like to learn more about cupping. Where can I find out more information?
- Is cupping safe? Does it hurt?
- How does cupping work? What does it treat?
- Will acupuncture and Oriental medicine treatment be covered through my insurance reimburse?
- Should I consult with my physician regarding getting acupuncture and Oriental medicine treatment?
- Can children be treated with acupuncture?
- Can you tell me more about Chinese herbal treatment?
- Does acupuncture treatment hurt?
- How many treatments will I need?